CTR Carinthian Tech Research AG is an industry-oriented research and development center for smart sensors and system integration. As the largest non-university research center in southern Austria, CTR has gained a reputation for expertise in R&D sensor technologies serving science and industry at both a national and international level. CTR focuses on four main research areas: Microsystem Technologies, Packaging & Hetero-integration, Photonic Systems and Smart Systems.
In the Austrian COMET program, CTR features with "ASSIC Austrian Smart Systems Integration Research Center" as a K1 center of excellence.
Optimal solution of different connections. It is necessary to have various substrates, electronic chips and case-by-case components in a system perfectly matched. The expertise ranges from simulations, assembly and connection technologies to additive manufacturing processes.
If your are interested in ...
- Multiphysics Simulation of 3-D integrated systems, for example to reduce cross-sensitivity; Optimization of mechanical stress; evaluation of critical factors for performance enhancements. (e.g. Optimization of a MEMS microphone Simulation von 3D-stacked IC‘s)
- Development of System in Package (SiP) for sensors, MEMS and optical components for highly integrated assemblies utilizing cleanroom technologies; Packaging technologies for high temperature environment System integration of specific, miniaturized sensors/actuators in products to realize multifunctional systems. (e.g. smart system integration in medical products, automotive components, …)
- Research in additive Manufacturing (3D and Ink-jet print) in connection with micro assembly technologies of discrete components (e.g. NFC chip + printed sensor)
- Characterization & Test: Environmental testing, Bond characterization, MSA characterization (e.g. development and application of test methods in connection with multiphysics simulation)
And you are / have ...
- Master Student in Mechatronics, Instrumentation and Measurement, Material Science, Physics or similar.
- Programming skills (LabView)
- Ability to tackle and solve practical problems; Teamwork skills
- Basic knowledge and experience in Finite Element Modelling, temperature conductance and static and/or dynamic analysis of deformable bodies, nonlinear theory.
- Language skills: German or English
- State-of-the-art laboratories and equipment, including the opportunity to work with quantum-cascade lasers
- An international scientific environment and contacts with our industrial network
- Payed thesis work with focus on sensor development
Start Date / Duration / Contract
- Start date (planned): as soon as possible Contract: We offer you a salaried position including all related rights and duties for employer and employee. The position will be time-limited according to the duration of the master thesis
- Duration (planned): 6 months Place: Villach, Austria
- Suggestions with regards to the academic supervision are welcome.
If you are interested, then apply now online via online application form.