CTR Carinthian Tech Research AG is an industry-oriented research and development center for smart sensors and system integration. As the largest non-university research center in southern Austria, CTR has gained a reputation for expertise in R&D sensor technologies serving science and industry at both a national and international level. CTR focuses on four main research areas: Microsystem Technologies, Packaging & Hetero-integration, Photonic Systems and Smart Systems.
In the Austrian COMET program, CTR features with "ASSIC Austrian Smart Systems Integration Research Center" as a K1 center of excellence.
The control of light in every form is the focus of photonics. The aim is to create a functional system which adapts both optical, optoelectronic and electronic components to one another as well as to the application. The CTR expertise ranges from design and simulation to the realization of photonic systems to application-centric system integration.
If your are interested in ...
- Design and systems integration of (micro-)optical systems
- Simulation of complex, integrated systems, both on the optical and photonic and superordinate systems levels, taking also e.g. thermal, mechanical and electronic interactions and interdependencies into account
- Selection, adaptation and implementation of application-optimised systems components, like light sources and detectors, control and data acquisition / evaluation systems etc.
- Selection, adaptation and implementation of highly functional MEMS/MOEMS components in intelligent systems solutions
- Macroscopic and microscopic UV/VIS, near- and mid-IR and Raman spectroscopy and imaging, including spectral data evaluation models and procedures • Development of specific optical-spectral analysers and sensors
- Development and application-specific adaptation of monolithic high-performance lasers (CTR HiPoLas® line)
- Laser ignition, e.g. of piston engines, turbines and space thrusters • Comprehensive systems integration and optimisation
- Experimental characterisation and validation of optical systems and sub-systems
- Optical Design, Interferometry, THz-Imaging, ultrafast spectroscopy, non-linear optics, ToF-Sensors, Light-field microscopy…
And you are / have ...
- Master Student in Physics, Optical Design or similar
- Ability to tackle and solve practical problems; Teamwork skills
- Basic knowledge in analog and digital electronics
- Language skills: German or English
- State-of-the-art laboratories and equipment, including the opportunity to work with quantum-cascade lasers
- An international scientific environment and contacts with our industrial network
- Payed thesis work with focus on sensor development
Start Date / Duration / Contract
- Start date (planned): as soon as possible Contract: We offer you a salaried position including all related rights and duties for employer and employee. The position will be time-limited according to the duration of the master thesis
- Duration (planned): 6 months Place: Villach, Austria
- Suggestions with regards to the academic supervision are welcome.
If you are interested, then apply now online via online application form.