CTR Carinthian Tech Research AG is an industry-oriented research and development center for smart sensors and system integration. As the largest non-university research center in southern Austria, CTR has gained a reputation for expertise in R&D sensor technologies serving science and industry at both a national and international level. CTR focuses on four main research areas: Microsystem Technologies, Packaging & Hetero-integration, Photonic Systems and Smart Systems.
In the Austrian COMET program, CTR features with "ASSIC Austrian Smart Systems Integration Research Center" as a K1 center of excellence.
Smart systems are increasingly moving into the industry's focus to create novel products and processes with better functionality, quality and efficiency. But smart systems also need smart development methods. The Smart Systems research area has the expertise to efficiently integrate leading-edge technologies into a wide range of applications.
If your are interested in ...
- Development and integration of smart, complex sensor systems in different devices
- Evaluation and analysis of complex systems using innovative adaptive or machine learning algorithms
- Printed electronics
- Bio Sensing for food analysis
- Efficient miniaturised electronics development
- Energy harvesting system developments
- Development of efficient, high-performance photovoltaic systems optimised for specific climate zones (modules and inverters)
And you are / have ...
- A Master student in one of the following fields: electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, bio-chemistry, computer science
- Experience: designing or analyzing smart sensor systems, programming, Matlab
- Settled knowledge in either electrical design, system integration, machine learning
- A team player
- Language skills: German or English
- State-of-the-art laboratories and equipment
- An international scientific environment and contacts with our industrial network
- Payed thesis work with focus on sensor development
Start Date / Duration / Contract
- Start date (planned): as soon as possible Contract: We offer you a salaried position including all related rights and duties for employer and employee. The position will be time-limited according to the duration of the master thesis
- Duration (planned): 6 months Place: Villach, Austria
- Suggestions with regards to the academic supervision are welcome.
If you are interested, then apply now online via online application form.