CTR Carinthian Tech Research AG is an industry-oriented research and development center for „Smart Sensors and Systems Integration“. As the largest non-university research center in southern Austria, CTR has gained a reputation for expertise in R&D sensor technologies serving science and industry at both national and international level.
We are offering a PhD position dealing with the development of flexible multi-sensory systems suitable for water quality monitoring and easy to manufacture. A thorough concept for an additively manufactured multi-sensor system, assembly and heterogeneous integration of electronic circuits on flexible polymers will be the outcome of the PhD thesis. The PhD is conducted within the Horizon 2020 project “AQUASENSE” (Marie Skłodowska-Curie/ITN) coordinated by University Glasgow.
Research & Profile
The position is associated with the following research topics
- Design and fabrication of sensors and electronic circuits by printing technology
- Heterogeneous integration of sensors and ICs on flexible substrates
- Electro-chemical characterization and analysis of developed sensors
These qualifications help you to master the task:
- A Master degree in physics or chemistry or similar fields
- Experience in sensor design, fabrication, and characterizations
- Experience in inkjet printing, electronic packaging
- Expertise in electro-chemical analysis
Eligible candidates must be Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs), fulfilling the following criteria:
- Not yet awarded with a PhD
- Be in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers
- Not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date*)
The PhD project is supervised collaboration with our partnering university Alpe Adria University Klagenfurt (Prof. Hubert Zangl).
The following application documents are required:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- Duplicate of the Master's diploma
- Two recommendation letters from supervisors
Start date / duration 7 contract
- Starting date (planned): as soon as possible
- Duration (planned): 3 years
- Contract: Fully-funded PhD position, 38,5 hours per week
- Place: Villach, Carinthia, Austria (https://www.welcome2villach.at)
- Salary: according Marie Skłodowska-Curie/ITN regulations Eligibility conditions, definitions and
More details see on:
Technical contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill our application form www.ctr.at/en/application.
*) Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account