Carinthian Tech Research is an Austrian research centre, developing applied smart sensor solutions. We cooperate with multinational as well as small and medium-sized companies. To complete our research team, we offer the following position
Senior Researcher Photonic MEMS (f/m)
- You have a PhD degree in microsystem, photonics, physics or any related study.
- You have minimum 2 years of experience in R&D centers or as a post-doc in university.
- You have good knowledge in Photonic MEMS, semiconductor technologies and practical and professional experience working in a cleanroom environment.
- You are familiar with FEM simulation methods and tools (e.g. COMSOL, Ansys).
- You are interested in application-oriented development of innovative sensors concepts.
- You are autonomous, well organized and you enjoy working in a small and dynamic team.
- You have a very good oral and written communicative skills in English (German is a plus).
- You have experience project management and with the creation of jointly funded projects.
- The Senior Photonic MEMS scientist will report to the Microsystem Area Manager on a regular basis and effectively to convey project updates to external partners.
- Development of photonic based sensors and microsystems (from concept to prototype).
- Analysis, multiphysics modelling (FEM), design (CAD) and optimisation of photonic MEMS devices and sensors.
- Support the implementation of MEMS fabrication facilities (clean room process equipment).
- Scientific communication and reporting.
- Project management and to apply for new funding projects.
- Participation in an international research team with industrial and academic partners.
- Exciting possibilities to put your knowledge into practice.
- Contribution to challenging R&D as well as scientific projects.
- Full time, permanent position.
- Highly attractive working environment, in the heart of Carinthia, Austria.
Payment is based on the collective contract. Depending on qualification and experience, we offer a market-based overpay.
Interested? Please submit your expressive letter of application together with a detailed CV, a list of publications, your expected remuneration and the a possible starting date via Online-Application.